Drumstick, or moringa, has been known as a superfood for quite some time now. Indians are no strangers to the powerful benefits and taste-enhancing properties of drumstick. It’s added to curries and soups in India and all around the world, while south Indians use it a lot in dishes like sambhar, drumstick pickles and some non-vegetarian curries as well. It’s a very well-known fact that almost every part of the drumstick tree is great for consumption as its leaves, fruits, flowers and seeds are all full of nutrients and minerals with amazing health benefits. But, did you know that moringa is a powerful beauty ingredient as well? Moringa face masks are becoming extremely popular, as more and more people around the globe are realising the importance of this wonder ingredient, for enhancing beauty.Also Read: 7 Powerful Health Benefits of Moringa Powder: The Miracle Herb
Here are some hard-to-beat reasons you should add drumstick leaves and oil to your skin care regime:
- Slows down ageing: Moringa oil and moringa leaf powder are both used topically on the face to prevent wrinkles and free radical damage to the skin. Moringa may help firm up your facial skin and also help reduce wrinkles and blemishes, making you look younger.
- Moisturises the lips: Moringa oil is also used as an ingredient in a range of lip balms and lip care products, as it is capable of moisturising the sensitive skin of the lips and make them retain their softness.
- Flushes out toxins : Moringa powder helps in the faster elimination of toxins from your body and supports your liver in doing so. It makes your body more resistant to toxins while the antioxidants help in fighting free radicals to keep your system clean.
- Good for skin and hair : Moringa leaves are full of Vitamin A which helps in supporting supple skin. It is also a great source of all the essential amino acids that help in the formation of keratin protein needed for longer and thicker hair. With a considerable amount of antioxidants, moringa powder also possesses anti-ageing properties.
- Improves digestion and gut health :
- Moringa powder is packed with fiber that regulates your digestive functions and relieves constipation. Moringa leaves also have a mild laxative effect. Moringa is known for its strong anti-inflammatory properties and may help in treating stomach ulcers and infections.
- Fights insomnia : Moringa contains amino acid tryptophan that is required for the production of the neurotransmitter serotonin and the sleep cycle regulating hormone melatonin. Being rich in protein, it acts as a great mood boosters by stimulating the feel good hormones in the body.
- Storehouse of nutrients : Moringa powder contains seven times more potassium than bananas and twice the amount of protein as in milk. Imagine that! It is rich in minerals like calcium, iron and manganese and vitamin A, E and K.